A newer ultrasonic lipo technique, VASER Lipo is, in fact, an ultrasound-assisted tumescent lipo surgery. One of the most effective types of liposuction, it’s also fast: you’re done in one single treatment and can see the results immediately – that’s one of the main advantages of VASER liposuction.
So if you’d like to have your body re-countoured gently and precisely – and with the smallest risks possible, then take a closer look at VASERLipo.
From all types of liposuction, this technique is the only one well-suited for smaller, as well as larger or more fibrous areas (like the love handles, bra rolls, several body areas of male patients) – and even for previously suctioned spots.
A minimally invasive technique safer and less painful than laser lipo (which destroys fat by heating the fatty tissue), VASERLipo uses low-level ultrasound to dissolve the fat before suctioning it from your body.
This technique is typically used in conjunction with tumescent lipo surgery giving you a smooth body contouring along with increased skin tightening – that’s another major advantage of VASER liposuction over the other types of cosmetic treatments.
Plus, VASERLipo recovery time is minimal: about 12 hours of rest immediately after the treatment, and another 2-3 weeks of avoiding intense physical activities.
Are you wondering…
…How is this newer technique safer for you and providing a smoother result?
Well, firstly because when breaking up the fat cells, ultrasound is safer than laser, which sometimes can cause burns to the surrounding nerves, blood vessels and/or muscles.
Secondly – the main benefit of VASER ultrasound technology (which stands for Vibration Amplification of Sound Energy at Resonance) over the earlier ultrasonic-assisted liposuction procedures is the use of smaller cannulas.
This allows now only for smaller incisions, but for a lower level of sound energy used – resulting in less damage of the surrounding tissues of the body.
You’re probably curious…
How Does VASER Lipo Work?
Whether you need a touch up of a previously suctioned area, a major body contouring makeover, and even a transfer of fatty tissue to another body area to make it plumper, VASER is one of the most effective types of liposuction. That’s because VASERLipo always gives you the precisely-targeted body sculpting that you want.
Here’s how VASER liposuction works:
- First, the surgeon injects the target area(s) on your body with a tumescent fluid – a special saline solution of numbing medication and a capillary constrictor that shrinks the blood vessels in the area so the fatty tissue is better exposed.
- Then, the doctor inserts here small, 2-3 mm Titanium rods that deliver ultrasonic waves specifically targeted only at the fat cells, breaking them up, shaking them loose and then emulsifying the fat with the tumescent fluid previously injected.
- Lastly, using small cannulas this mix is suctioned out from the treated area gently, without doing any damage to the surrounding tissues.
What are Your Benefits with VASER Lipo?
As a precise technique delivering very predictable results, you can have it done in one or several areas of your body – here are some of the significant benefits you’ll experience:
- More delicate or harder-to-fix areas of your body (your chin and neck) can be accessed easier and contoured more precisely
- Your final liposuction result (after 3-4 months) is a better body contour and a smoother, tighter skin
- The potential risk of general anesthesia is eliminated, since VASERLipo is done under local anesthesia, typically in your surgeon’s office
- You can have large quantities of fat removed (up to several liters) and multiple areas treated in the same session
- VASER lipo risks are minimal due to less swelling, bruising and trauma; that’s because this type of ultrasound is precisely targeted and breaks up only the fat cells, through a highly tissue-differentiating process called LipoSelection (FDA-approved in 2002), which is based on the fatty tissue’s different density factor
- As a result of this gentler technique, your discomfort after surgery is diminished and your recovery time is significantly reduced – by the 3rd day you can resume your normal activities
- VASERLipo is more affordable – since it does not require general anesthesia and an operating room; however, whether or not it qualifies as a low cost liposuction depends greatly on the geographical location you’re getting it done at (you’ll likely get a lower price in the bigger cities).
Generally, VASERLipo cost is similar to traditional lipo cost; but you can only get a more precise quote after a thorough consultation with an accredited surgeon.
Think that lipo without surgery is cheaper?
Perhaps… but bear in mind that non-surgical lipo requires repeated sessions before you can see significant changes in your body’s contour… and the cost of these adds up quickly.
Think about it.
Cost shouldn’t be the determining factor when you decide on the best solution for your unique situation… Rather, safety, good results and the least amount of trauma to your body is what matters the most.
One more thing to remember…
VASER Lipo Is Not a Weight Loss Solution!
Despite its multiple advantages, this type of liposuction is NOT a weight loss solution; it is definitely NOT meant to help with obesity.
However, if – despite exercising regularly and eating to lose weight – you still have stubborn fatty areas, this sophisticated type of ultrasonic lipo will get rid of them 🙂 Plus, you’ll get beautiful, long-lasting results without the lumpy or uneven look you might get from other types of liposuction.
Undoubtedly, you’ll experience some temporary bruising, numbness or tingling sensations – and yes, you’ll still have to wear a compression garment after the surgery. But, overall, your body heals faster and the results are better than with other types of liposuction.
So it’s no wonder that…
…VASER Lipo is Fast Becoming the Superior Choice
But be warned.
This is an advanced procedure – not any doctor has the required expertise. Your ultimate satisfaction depends largely on your choice of the surgeon. To get the outcome you want, be sure to choose a cosmetic surgeon certified by the plastic surgery board.
Because this certification ensures that your lipo surgeon has a solid training in (and a good experience with) this specific liposuction procedure – rather than being a general practitioner who merely attended a few days of on-site training with the VASER Lipo equipment provider.
To minimize your risks and disappointment, do your research well… start by looking for qualified surgeons in your area, check their websites and make sure that they have a thorough training, proper certification and can provide real-case results with before-and-after pictures.
Want to achieve a slimmer appearance but prefer an even less invasive procedure? Then this low-cost, DO-IT-AT-HOME alternative to traditional liposuction might work better for you >>
Well, I’m Alex and I hope you find valuable this practical guide to fast healthy weight loss! As your coach here, at Brainy Weight Loss I’ll show you how to make the impossible possible and the possible… easy & fun 🙂