The connection between omega 3 and weight loss benefits is clear: if you want to drop unwanted pounds MUCH easier consider eating lots of foods containing omega 3 oils regularly or using good omega 3 supplements.
Before anything else, you should know that omega 3 and weight loss diets should be inseparable – here you’ll find out how eating foods high in omega 3 oils will help you burn more body fat, which omega 3 foods are safe to consume, which ones you should stay away from.
And since Omega 3 fatty acids have a massive impact on your physical, emotional and mental health, I’ll touch on more than just the specific omega 3 benefits related to weight loss – you’ll discover here the info you need to make empowered decisions about your own health and educated choices when using omega 3 supplements.
In this series of articles on Omega 3s you’ll learn about specific omega 3 sources, what happens if you don’t include enough omega-3 fatty acids in your diet and about the scary symptoms of a fatty acids deficiency.
Also, you’ll find out whether it’s better to have a diet rich in flaxseed oil versus fish oil – after all, both contain the valuable omega 3 fatty acids and both are readily available omega 3 sources. Don’t miss out on this vital information about omega 3 and weight loss benefits if you want to have an easier time getting (and keeping) the pounds off.
Not to worry, I won’t bore you with scientific details about the massive research done on omega 3 benefits (here’s the list of studies about saturated and unsaturated fats referenced in this series of articles). What you actually want is the bottom line: specifically, how is this essential nutrient helping you lose weight faster and easier, right?
Well, I must start by stating a sad fact.
If you’re like most people, you too have been brainwashed with the “low fat” propaganda pushed at us for decades. I won’t go into the reasons why. Just drop this low fat mantra that caused an array of serious illnesses for millions of people. Mounting research, thousands of clinical trials and real-life evidence is proving it wrong.
You have to understand this.
It is simply NOT possible to achieve your ideal weight and the body you want without giving it the nutrients it requires – and omega 3 oils are among the vital ones.
That’s why it’s important to talk about the reasons why you should include in your diet good types of fats and especially high quality omega 3 sources.
There are countless studies on omega 3 benefits, a lot of them on omega 3 and weight loss.
As you are about to discover, omega 3 fatty acids are not only helpful, they’re rather required for burning fat.
Let’s back up for a moment here. Remember, omega three fatty acids are essential fatty acids vital for our normal physiology. Our body can’t produce them, so we absolutely must get them from good omega 3 foods or high quality omega 3 supplements (fish oil or, better yet, krill oil) – or else we may face unpleasant symptoms associated with omega 3 fish oil deficiency.
Long-term medical research has revealed…
…Impressive Omega 3 Benefits
Omega 3s not only help reduce high cholesterol and high blood pressure having a protective role in the cardiovascular disease; omega-3 fatty acids (EPA and DHA) have also an incredible value in treating countless serious medical conditions like…
- diabetes and insulin resistance
- metabolic syndrome
- fatty liver and chronic hepatitis C
- irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- rheumatoid arthritis and other autoimmune disorders
- osteoporosis, skin disorders, lupus
- glaucoma and macular degeneration
- depression, bipolar disorder
- cognitive impairment in children and cognitive decline in elderly
- ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder)
- asthma, pulmonary hypertension
- various cancers (especially breast, colon and prostate cancers)
The list of omega 3 benefits goes on and on.
Since we’re focusing on losing weight easier with the help of omega-3 fatty acids, here’s what you should know about…
Omega 3 and Weight Loss Benefits:
- Omega 3 fatty acids EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) lower your insulin levels and any extra calories you eat are burned off for energy, instead of being stored for later use (as body fat)
- All omega 3 sources are anti-lipogenic (they block fat storage in your body) and increase your metabolic rate, so you burn body fat faster
- Omega 3 oils lower the cortisol levels, a stress-related hormone that causes you to store rather than burn off extra calories
- Omega 3 fatty acids are proven to improve the blood flow to muscles during exercising, thus increasing your body’s ability to burn more fat
- Eating a diet rich in omega 3 foods or using omega 3 supplements normalizes low blood sugar levels and as a result, you have more energy and drive to exercise
- Omega three fatty acids improve your liver’s ability to burn fat
As you can see, there’s a very important connection between omega 3 and weight loss that you shouldn’t ignore if you want to…
- drop unwanted pounds easier
- being more motivated to exercise regularly
- having a better mood and a sharper mind
- improve your overall health
Obviously, you want to know what the other symptoms of an essential fatty acid deficiency are, specific food sources containing omega 3 oils and your best options of using omega 3 supplements.
|Keep in mind…|
|…that apart from these omega 3 benefits, there are 2 other fatty acids you should consider:|
1) Omega-6 essential fatty acid GLA (gamma-linolenic acid) raises the levels of serotonin, the brain chemical that lowers your appetite making you eat less, feel full and satisfied longer (and less likely to overindulge)
2) Tonaline, or CLA (conjugated linoleic acid), a fatty acid contained in beef and dairy products, boosts the rate at which your body burns stored fat and helps you grow (or maintain) your lean muscle mass.
You’ll find all the answers you need about omega 3 and weight loss connection in the articles listed below…
Read more about this:
Omega Three Fatty Acids: Get these or Die! What are Omega 3s and Why You Need them
Scary Symptoms of an Essential Fatty Acid Deficiency & How to Avoid this
Omega 3 Sources : Animal, Vegetal and Supplements
Health Benefits of Flaxseed Oil – Including Weight Loss Support
Flaxseed Oil Side Effects: Read this Before Taking Flax Oil!
Slimming Benefits of Flax Seeds, Plus 10 More Health Benefits
How to Make the Most of Flaxseed Health Benefits & Avoid common Mistakes
Well, I’m Alex and I hope you find valuable this practical guide to fast healthy weight loss! As your coach here, at Brainy Weight Loss I’ll show you how to make the impossible possible and the possible… easy & fun 🙂