Believe it or not, the list of affirmations for weight loss below helps you get off the extra weight faster and easier, while eliminating your emotional eating, food cravings, resistance to exercise and increasing your energy, vitality and overall health.
You’ll also discover 6 simple tips to power affirmations.
These tips allow you to customize any free affirmations you may find elsewhere and adapt them to your specific situation and weight loss goals.
After experiencing their powerful effects, you’ll want to keep your own customized list of affirmations handy and use them any time you need a little motivation boost.
If you are like most people, the psychology of how weight loss affirmations work might seem esoteric to you… But believe it or not, it’s actually based on cutting-edge science. More importantly, all power affirmations for weight loss are proven to work, regardless of how many pounds you need to lose.
You should know one more thing. There’s a huge misunderstanding when it comes to affirmations, let’s address it now, before we go any further. Power affirmations are NOT descriptions of your current situation; they are rather your goals, already achieved.
In other words, affirmations describe what you WANT rather than what you already have. They are goals you intend to make come true for you – and it is the power of your intention that fuels the affirmations.
Here are 12 affirmations for weight loss – you can use these free affirmations exactly as they are, or may want to adapt them to your specific needs.
List of Affirmations for Weight Loss
Remember, these are designed to shift your reality from how it currently IS, to how you WANT it to be:
When using this list of affirmations – or any other free affirmations you find elsewhere, be sure to incorporate these six key tips:
6 Tips to Word Power Affirmations Correctly
You might have used affirmations before only to be disappointed when they didn’t work for you. You might have even decided that all this affirmations-stuff doesn’t work at all…
But you have to understand this. In order to work, affirmations must be properly worded – that’s what makes them power affirmations:
1. They should be short, clear, specific and action-oriented.
2. Always write your affirmations in the positive and in the present tense.
3. They should stretch your belief a little, but still be credible.
4. While saying your affirmations, create inside of yourself the feeling of having already started to lose weight, or having already reached your ideal weight (visualize yourself slimmer and more toned).
5. Repeat them aloud 7-10 times (or, if that’s not convenient, record yourself reading them with gusto and play back the recording using a headset); best times to use affirmations are first thing in the morning and last thing before going to sleep at night, when your subconscious mind is much more receptive.
6. Use the same set of 10-12 affirmations for at least 21 days, until the new neurological pathways develop in your brain – even though you’ll typically see significant results in just a few days.
Saying your affirmations like you mean it is the key to making them work for you… In fact, this is so important, that it requires additional explanation.
You must say your affirmations while FEELING fully your internal reality created by the words’ meaning. This means to step into the particular situation your words are describing and create a full-body experience containing all your five senses: embed pictures, sounds, smell, taste and touch into this experience, make it as rich and REAL as you can!
Lastly, remember this.
To fully reap their power, it’s best to create your own list of affirmations for weight loss adapted to your unique, specific situation. You can slightly change the ones on the list of affirmations above so that they are believable to you and come from your heart.