You will find here practical solutions to reverse your essential fatty acid deficiency and its dire effects on your health and body weight. Since knowledge is power, this information empowers you to do some simple things to eliminate (or avoid) the health issues linked to insufficient amounts of fatty acids in your diet.
What are essential fatty acids, you ask?
They are unsaturated fats essential to our health. They make up our body’s cell membranes, help hormone production and absorption of certain vitamins, provide us with energy.
Because, while our body can synthesize most of its needed fatty acids, there are two types that can’t be synthesized, therefore we must get them from food or supplements.
The first type is linoleic acid, or omega-6 fatty acid. The second type is alpha-linolenic acid, or omega-3 fatty acid; this is then converted in the body into the active forms of omega-3s that you’re probably more familiar with: EPA – eicosapentaenoic acid – and DHA – docosahexaenoic acid.
Yeah, I know… ignore those mouthfuls; it’s enough to remember just EPA, DHA, omega-3s and omega-6 fatty acids.
Why is this topic important – even vital – for you?
Well, because that long-touted “low fat diet” mantra pushed over and over at us has caused a lot of people to stay away from any kind of fat. Over time, this low-fat obsession has generated a plethora of serious health issues – beyond just the annoying weight loss resistance.
Before learning how to reverse any essential fatty acid deficiency, take a look below to see if you are experiencing any of these…
…Dreadful Effects of Essential Fatty Acid Deficiency
You simply can’t ignore the huge amount of recent research on saturated and unsaturated fats that link a highly distorted ratio of essential fatty acids in the body with a vast array of nasty symptoms and serious health conditions like…
- chronic fatigue
- acne, eczema, skin problems
- foggy mind
- low metabolic rate
- cardiovascular disease
- eating disorders
- inflammation, edema
- obesity, weight loss resistance
- addictive behavior
- degenerative disorders
- compromised immunity
- impaired motor coordination
- various cancers
- kidney failure
- decreased libido/impotence
- premature aging
- rheumatoid arthritis
- vision problems
Besides these there’s more, concerning our children: in the last decade, numerous studies have proven that the lack of a sufficient supply of essential fatty acids in children impairs their brain development, with alarming consequences, like:
- lack of concentration
- learning difficulties
- attention deficit disorder
- aggressive behavior
You may have heard your grandparents speaking of being given fish oil by the spoon as children… Well, that was just old wisdom at play.
We’ve Been Warned about the Essential Fatty Acid Deficiency
The need to get healthy fats in our diet is not a secret.
For years, independent researchers and nutritionists have warned us about the mistake of avoiding certain fats, regardless whether on a weight loss diet or not.
One of them is Ann Louise Gittleman, well-known for her popular books Eat Fat, Lose Weight and The Fat Flush Plan, where she emphasizes that:
“adding essential fatty acids supplements to the diets of all individuals who are suffering from obesity and diabetes is not optional; it is strongly recommended.”
Or, as Dr. Udo Erasmus, #1 authority on fats and oils worldwide, author of the eye-opening Fats that Heal, Fats that Kill, often says:
“the results of an essential fatty acid deficiency are an array of serious health problems from cardiovascular disease diabetes and obesity, to depression, degenerative disorders, and cancer.”
You’ll see how to avoid an essential fatty acid deficiency in a moment.
Before this however, take a look at Dr. Erasmus’s eye-opening video about the widespread and scary consequences of this serious nutritional deficiency… You’ll discover why this has created a nation of obese and unhealthy “heart-attacks-in-waiting”.
You don’t want to miss this! You’ll see immediately why it’s one of the best 10 minutes you’ll ever spend on Youtube:
For more on Dr. Erasmus’s work, visit UdoErasmus.com, which provides a wealth of much-needed education on the “right fats diet” vs. the popular, but incredibly deceiving low fat diets.
And if you’re up for a long-winded scientific paper read, The National Institutes of Health website provides a lot of supporting research on the clinical uses of omega 3 fatty acids for the health problems listed above, although it only highlights fish oil as a rich source of omega-3s, and not the latest research showing that krill oil is, in fact, superior.
As you know, our current omega-3 sources are dangerously contaminated – we’ll talk about these in a moment, but let’s see first how you can more conveniently…
…Reverse Your Weight Loss Resistance & Essential Fatty Acid Deficiency through Supplementation
You may consider taking the following three supplements – always buy the best quality you can get because all three are oils that go rancid easily if not manufactured according to the highest standards.
Like with any other dietary supplement, you should consult your healthcare provider before taking it – especially if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medications, have a medical condition, or have known adverse reactions or allergies.
- High-concentration omega-3 fish oil – or better yet, krill oil – both are rich in EPA and DHA, the two omega 3 fatty acids required for optimal health. Personally, I prefer the krill oil because the omega 3s are better absorbed since they are delivered in phospholipid form (vs. fish oil’s triglyceride form); besides that, I can swallow the tiny capsules much easier 🙂 Plus, I don’t get that nasty fishy aftertaste typical for fish oil. That’s why I recommend this high-quality 100% Pure Antarctic Krill Oil >>
- GLA (gamma-linolenic acid): this type of omega 6-fatty acid (found primarily in borage, evening primrose and black currant seed oils) helps your body to decrease fat accumulation and makes you feel full and satisfied longer after a meal. Because it has the best balance of beneficial ingredients, I recommend this double-strength Black Currant Oil >>
- CLA (conjugated linoleic acid): this type of omega-6 fatty acid helps your body burn more fat and increase its lean muscle mass, and this makes you burn even more calories. Studies show that you could lower your body fat with a whopping 20% without any other change in your diet when taking 3 to 6 grams of CLA daily, that’s why I recommend this high-potency weight loss & energy-enhancing CLA supplement >>
If you decide not to supplement your diet with essential fatty acids, at the very least try to include as many vital omega 3 healthy fats in your diet to avoid weight loss resistance and a dangerous essential fatty acid deficiency – here are the best omega 3 sources available in common foods.