(plus, why cooking with coconut oil may be the new sexy)
Want to get the best fat-burning coconut oil recipes that are super-quick and easy to make? Well, here you’ll find several delicious recipes that you’ll be craving after just one try! Plus, helpful tips for cooking with coconut oil, so you can reap all the wonderful (and little-known) health benefits of coconut oil – the secret ingredient in fat-burning recipes few people know about.
Believe it or not, when it comes to coconut, healthy has never tasted so good!
If you are like most people, you want to lose body fat not only faster, but easier too – right?
Then, cooking with coconut oil is a must.
Why? Because you will not want to miss the important coconut oil weight loss benefits.
Here you’ll be pleasantly surprised to discover countless ways in which you can use this healthy fat in a variety of insanely rich and tasty coconut oil recipes.
Another major plus of cooking with coconut oil is that it is not only very healthy, but gives you more energy, boosts your metabolism and suppresses your appetite for a good 4-5 hours. Wouldn’t you like that?
In fact, coconut oil is also called the energy fat.
Remember these quick tips below to easily incorporate in your diet 3-4 tablespoons of coconut oil daily. Why this amount? Because this is the recommended amount of coconut oil per day in order to fully experience the amazing coconut oil health benefits:
- for a burst of tropical flavor, blend a couple of tablespoons of melted coconut oil in your smoothie, protein shake, fruit juice, yogurt, apple sauce, or cottage cheese;
- for a healthier salad dressing, mix coconut oil and cold-pressed, extra-virgin olive oil (in equal quantities) with lemon juice, a pinch of salt and your favorite spices: oregano, basil, black pepper, chili sauce, mustard, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, sesame seeds;
- for extra richness, drop a couple of tablespoons of coconut oil over your rice or steamed vegetables;
- for instant energy (and as a sinful treat), spread some coconut oil over a slice of toast,
add some almond butter and a tiny bit of raw honey, then sprinkle with cinnamon powder – yum!
- for providing your brain with some high-octane fuel, stir some coconut oil in your coffee (start with a little and increase it up to 1 tablespoon or more); besides the quick energy boost and brain fog lifting almost instantly you’ll feel like you’re on a beach, not standing in your kitchen 🙂
As you can see, you can use coconut oil in many, many ways in a variety of delicious and super-simple coconut oil recipes, including deep-frying and baking. That’s because coconut oil doesn’t get burnt at high temperatures to create harmful by-products, like most other fats.
Use coconut oil in any recipe calling for shortening. Also, any baking or frying that you do, substitute coconut oil for a light – and healthier – flavor.
Want some healthy mayo?
Here’s how to make a nutritious mayonnaise with coconut oil: mix 2 egg yolks with 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar, lemon juice from half of a lemon and a pinch of salt & pepper, then add in slowly 1 cup of oil mixture made with 2/3 extra-virgin coconut oil mixed with 1/3 extra-virgin, cold-pressed olive oil.
Imagine that… guilt-free mayo!
Let’s give you now a few more super-easy coconut oil recipes ideas…
Spicy Coconut & Almond Fat-Burning Smoothie
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Ingredients for 1 serving:
- ¾ cup low-fat Greek yogurt, unsweetened
- 2 Tbsp. virgin coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp. ground raw almonds, or hypothyroid-friendly hazelnuts
- ¼ tsp. ginger powder
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- natural sweetener Stevia, to taste
How to make it:
1) Put everything (except cinnamon) in a small blender and give it a whirl for 30 seconds.
2) Pour in a high glass, sprinkle with cinnamon, and enjoy!
This rich, creamy treat is my all-time favorite from all coconut oil recipes; I just love its coconutty flavor!
At only 420 calories, this spicy coconut almond/hazelnut smoothie is awesome as a high-power breakfast – especially for when you don’t have time to prepare a proper meal in the morning.
It only takes 5 minutes to make. Its high protein and fat content combination will keep you satiated and energized for a few good hours – you probably won’t feel hungry until lunch time.
Plus, it raises your metabolism early in the morning keeping it revved-up for the rest of the day, due to the special combination of ginger and cinnamon.
It’s incredibly rich and delicious… just try it – you’ll become addicted, you’ll see 😉
Note: You can use hypothyroid-friendly hazelnuts instead of almonds, if you experience low thyroid symptoms.
Decadent Deep Fried Coconut Shrimps Delight with Hot Sauce
Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
Ingredients for 2 servings:
- 10 uncooked shrimps, peeled & deveined
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes (shredded coconut)
- 2 cups virgin coconut oil, for frying
- 1/3 cup coconut water
- 1 whole egg
- a pinch of salt, to taste
- Hot dipping sauce: Dijon mustard, honey and unsweetened chili sauce – 1 teaspoon each (or, you can use Tartar sauce instead, if you prefer)
How to make it:
1) Beat the egg with salt in a medium bowl, then mix in 1/2 cup coconut flour and the coconut water and whisk until you have a thick and sticky batter;
2) Toss the shrimps in the remaining 1/4 cup coconut flour, then dip them in the batter making sure they are completely covered;
3) Roll the batter-coated shrimps in shredded coconut, then place them in a single layer on a plate and put it in the freezer for 5 minutes;
4) Preheat coconut oil in a deep fryer or a small frying pan on medium-high heat (350 F);
5) When the oil is hot, drop the shrimps in one by one and fry them until they’re golden brown – if you’re using a pan fry them 2-3 minutes on each side, turning them gently;
6) Remove shrimps from the oil and place them on paper towel on a plate for 1 minute so excess oil is absorbed.
7) Place shrimps on lettuce leaves and serve them warm with the hot dipping sauce.
Since there’s no wheat flour in this recipe, this coconut shrimp delight is very low-carb and only 380 calories per serving. Easy to make and healthy, this is one of the most enjoyed of all coconut oil recipes, simply because everybody loves deep fried shrimps – tempura style – don’t you?
Don’t like shrimps? Use veggies instead: cauliflower, zucchini, carrots, green beans or mushrooms.
Flavor-Bursting Coconut Omelette with Broccoli & Cottage Cheese
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Ingredients for 1 serving:
- 2 whole eggs (try to use free range)
- 2 Tbsp. virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. water
- salt & pepper to taste
How to make it:
1) In a small pan, let the coconut oil melt on medium heat;
2) In the meantime, beat eggs with the water and a pinch of salt & pepper in a bowl, then pour the mixture into the pan, keeping the heat at medium;
3) Spread the broccoli, cottage cheese and Parmesan on half of the omelette’s surface and, as the egg mixture starts to set, fold over the other half with a spatula and leave it on for another 2-3 minutes;
4) When ready, tilt the pan over a plate and slide the whole thing down gently, helping it off the pan with the spatula;
5) You’ll enjoy this coconut omelette much more with a few berries on the side because they highlight well the omelette’s exotic flavor – you’ll get a very satisfying taste experience!
One of the simplest coconut oil recipes, this coconutty omelette is a very filling, high-protein, low-carb breakfast – or even lunch, so now you’ve got a super-easy way to prepare a nutritious fat-burning meal in a jiffy.
One More Reason to Use / Discover New Coconut Oil Recipes
Feel like a healthy sex drive is becoming a thing of the past? (A bit off topic, I know. But couldn’t resist.)
Well, try adding 3 tablespoons of coconut oil into your diet each day and see if you are like many other people reporting increased libido with coconut oil consumption.
Wondering why? Well, this may be due to the fact that our body needs healthy saturated fats for the production of sex hormones. Or, it may be linked to one of the many coconut oil health benefits – i.e., reducing the levels of oxidative stress, a known cause of waning sexual desire.
Whichever it is, cooking with coconut oil, adding it in shakes and smoothies and using it in as many coconut oil recipes as you can may give you that friskiness back. Just sayin’.
Want Even More Mouth-Watering Coconut Oil Recipes?
Then I suggest you take a look at Jack Carney’s “The Coconut Oil Secret” >>
“Hang on”, you say. “I thought that here, on your site there’s everything I need to know about the health benefits of coconut oil…”
Well, yes. It’s a lot here about how to best use this functional food to reset your metabolism, kiss your food cravings goodbye and lose body fat faster – you’re right. And there’s a lot more to find out about coconut oil’s health benefits in Jake’s guide too.
Plus, you’ll get an extended collection of coconut smoothies, coconut stir-fries, coconut chicken recipes – as well as the real reason for the ugly cover-up of coconut’s health benefits in the last half century.
Not only that; in this guide you’ll discover – beyond the correlation between coconut oil and belly fat (also called abdominal fat or visceral fat) – the many health issues which coconut oil relieves: from acne & pimples, candida yeast overgrowth and digestive issues, to low thyroid, insulin resistance, brain degenerative diseases and many more.
As you can see, there’s a lot more in Jake’s guide that goes beyond the scope of this site.
So if you want to get your hands on the best guide on how you can make the best of this superfood and unleash your sexy – all the info and tips in one place, your questions answered in plain English, then I believe that you’ll appreciate The Coconut Oil Secret >>