Eat fat lose weight idea might be surprising to you, but it’s something you should look closely at.
Sadly, for decades, the conventional approach was that in order to lose weight you should avoid fats in all shapes and forms. But it’s been proven completely wrong.
Unfortunately, the “low-fat” mantra was widespread. But this was one of the biggest health blunders of the last century, which has contributed to many serious health issues – obesity included.
No wonder that over the past decade the world’s most trusted voices on health and weight loss nutrition have explained the eat fat to lose weight concept in several popular books:
- Eat Fat Get Thin by Dr. Mark Hyman;
- Eat Fat Lose Weight and The Fat-Flush Plan by Ann Louise Gittleman;
- Fat for Fuel by Dr. Joseph Mercola;
- The Omega Rx Zone by Dr. Barry Sears;
- Smart Fat: Eat More Fat. Lose More Weight. Get Healthy Now by Dr. Steven Masley & Jonny Bowden.
The Eat Fat Lose Weight Idea…
… is also what the popular Keto diet is based upon.
Yes, it’s true that fats have more calories per unit of weight than proteins and carbs. Likely, this is what has led to the deceitful myth that “fat makes you fat”. But there are specific types of good fats that you should keep in your diet no matter what – especially when you want to lose weight.
Well, simply because fats are vital for many bodily functions. In fact, your body needs good fats in order to stay healthy – even survive.
You see, healthy fats are required nutrients for the optimal function of our brain and nervous system, for our vascular, immune and hormonal systems.
Fat-burning hormones that play a key role in regulating body weight like,adiponectin, grehlin, insulin, leptin, cortisol – all need good fats to be synthesized and function well.
Healthy Fats & Oils…
…is a complex topic, I admit.
But it’s key to our health (it should be – at least – touched upon in our school curriculum).
That’s why most people struggling with extra weight have such a hard time to burn fat.
They – like you, perhaps – don’t even know that a hormonal imbalance may be the culprit of overweight.
Let me ask you this.
If you knew how healthy fats help your body burn fat faster, keep hunger and food cravings at bay, stop perpetual stress, fatigue, mood swings and sleep problems – is this topic of “eat fat lose weight get healthy” something you might be interested in?
Then read on, because on this section of the site you’ll find out all you need to know about these specific types of good fats and healthy cooking oils that shouldn’t miss from your diet – regardless of whether or not you want to lose weight or keep it off, and enjoy a thriving health.
Let’s start with some tips on how to eat fat to lose weight quicker and easier.
Eat Fat Lose Weight Tip #1: Choose Healthy Fats Over “Bad” Carbs
To burn fat faster you should increase the amount of good fats while reducing the amount of simple, or refined carbs. Refined carbs refer to many different types of starches and sugars found in a vast range of foods from white bread, pasta and rice, to potatoes, beans, sweet fruits, cakes, pastry,alcohol, fizzy drinks and the refined sugars added to all processed food.
Because these “bad” carbs trigger the insulin – the fat-storing hormone. With high levels of insulin your body can’t tap into the body fat stores for the energy required for your body’s daily needs.
Eat Fat to Lose Weight Tip #2: Don’t Be Afraid of Healthy Fats
You should know that when you eat more of the good fats, you are actually optimizing your body for fat loss. The fat-burning hormones, sex hormones are synthesized from good fats.
So a diet that does not include healthy fats interferes with your hormonal balance, leading to a plethora of health issues, not only an increased difficulty to burn fat.
And there’s more.
Eating healthy fats resets your metabolism. It increases the rate at which your body burns fat.
Well, there are specific fats that are easily digested and turned into fuel for your immediate metabolic needs, rather than stored for later use.
And here’s another great news.
You’ll want to eat healthy fats for another weight loss benefit: they keep hunger at bay. That’s because they keep you satisfied longer, so you’ll stay feeling full and energized throughout the day.
And, you can kiss goodbye your food cravings too!
Eat Fat Get Thin Tip #3: Healthy Fatty Foods that Help You Lose Weight
Want to lose weight faster, easier and make sure your hormonal health is at it’s peak? Then, you’ll want to eat foods containing healthy fats. But there’s one more thing to know. Approximately 30% of your total daily calories should come from these healthy fats sources.
So, which specific foods you shouldn’t want to miss?
Well, these are incredibly healthy whole foods. Here are the top 10:
- coconut oil
- wild fatty fish and seafood
- grass-fed beef
- free-run whole eggs
- grass-fed butter and ghee
- full-fat dairy
- avocado and avocado oil
- olives and olive oil
- raw nuts and seeds (especially flax, chia) & their butters
- dark chocolate and cocoa powder
Finally, one last tip.
Eat Fat Lose Weight Tip #4: Two Types of Healthy Fats Required to Lose Weight
Want to finally end the struggle of losing the extra weight?
Then remember this. There are two very different types of fats that help you drop the pounds big time: coconut oil and omega 3 fatty acids.
You’ll find on this Eat Fat Lose Weight section several articles addressing the omega 3 and weight loss connection as well as using coconut oil for weight loss. Plus, a series on cooking oils.
Eat Fat to Lose Weight – Related Articles
Coconut Oil Series:
- How to Maximize the Benefits of Coconut Oil for Weight Loss
- Eat Fat Lose Fat – The “Bible” of Losing Weight with the Coconut Diet
- Coconut Oil Health Benefits (besides Easier Weight Loss)
- Cooking with Coconut Oil Helps You Burn More Body Fat Faster
- Coconut Oil Recipes: How to Use Coconut Oil in Yummy Dishes
Omega 3 Fatty Acids Series
- Omega 3 and Weight Loss
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids: What are Omega 3s & Why You Need Them
- Scary Symptoms of Essential Fatty Acid Deficiency & How to Avoid It
- Omega 3 Sources : Animal, Vegetal and Supplements
- Health Benefits of Flaxseed Oil – Including Weight Loss Support
- Flaxseed Oil Side Effects: Read this Before Taking Flax Oil!
- Slimming Benefits of Flax Seeds, Plus 10 More Health Benefits
- Tips for Making the Most of Flaxseed Health Benefits
Healthy Cooking Oils Series
- Healthy Cooking Oils: Which One Burns Body Fat & Which to Avoid
- Different Types of Fats: Healthy Oils, Bad Fats & Saturated Animal Fats
- All about Fats and Nutrition: Some Fats Heal, Some Fats Kill
- Bad Cooking Fats to Stay Away From & Why They’re Bad for You
- Why Are Trans Fats Bad for You? How to Avoid Them
- Saturated and Unsaturated Fats: Research Studies Referenced Here