Unlike most modern slimming systems, the Ayurvedic weight loss recommendations guide you towards a way of life that balances your specific Ayurveda body type (dosha) for optimum weight, greatly improved health and natural rejuvenation.
On the Ayurveda diet page we’ve already discussed the first two key elements required for fast healthy weight loss:
1) regular cleansing and
2) the nutritional diet corresponding to your specific dosha
Here, we continue with the Ayurvedic recommendations for exercising and relaxation techniques specific for your dosha.
And, by the end of the page you’ll find a way of releasing stress naturally with a FREE guided relaxation mp3.
Exercising in Ayurvedic Weight Loss
According to Ayurveda, burning fat is much easier when you match your workouts with your specific body type, or dosha. For example:
- Vata: if you have a predominant Vata energy, you benefit most from movements with a gentler pace, like tai chi, yoga, or a moderate amount of light aerobics: walking, gardening, hula hoop workouts, cycling, swimming – especially effective are the aquatic exercise routines.
- Pitta: with a predominant Pitta energy, you benefit most from more challenging activities (but avoid team sports, as competing aggravates your specific body type): body weight workouts, or calisthenics, swimming for length, skating, skiing, brisk walking, a medium-intensity yoga (like kundalini and the fat-burning 5 Tibetan rites).
- Kapha: with a predominant Kapha energy, you benefit most from vigorous physical activities (although you are not particularly attracted to them): stair climbing, hiking, running, speed swimming, dancing, power yoga, interval training, more intense aerobics at the gym and the guided exercises at Curves workout centers.
Have you ever wondered why yoga is so popular these days? For the most part, it’s because yoga is beneficial to everybody.
Ayurvedic weight loss recommends it to balance all three doshas. Different yoga poses have specific benefic effects for each body type. For example…
- backward bends are “heating”, balancing Vata body type
- forward bending postures are “cooling” Pitta doshas, and
- twists are good for Kapha types, as they activate their typically sluggish digestion.
In fact, yoga postures stimulate and tone every area of your body and massage the internal organs expelling the toxins, an important Ayurvedic recommendation.
Relaxation in Ayurvedic Weight Loss
You’ve heard it many times: stress (i.e. excess cortisol) triggers a “fight-or-flight” response, causing your body to store fat instead of burning it – among many other effects of stress on your health.
But if you are like most people, avoiding stress is almost impossible, right? So what can you do?
Well, Ayurveda shows you simple relaxation techniques for releasing daily stress and dramatically reducing cortisol levels:
- deep breathing
- conscious relaxation – better known as meditation
Try deep breathing any time you want to ease stress:
Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths through your nose, hold the air for a few seconds, then release it completely through your mouth. Not only will you feel more focused and relaxed, you will increase your metabolism and burn more fat as well.
And what if you don’t know how to meditate? Believe it or not, it’s actually simpler than you think.
As a beginner, start by paying attention to your breathing. The total focus on the ‘in & out’ breath draws your mind away from the usual mind clutter, making you feel calm, centered, and relaxed.
With time, the process of clearing your mind (to think of nothing) starts to occur naturally. The result is clear mental focus, greater creativity, inner peace, serenity, and calmness.
Want to experience…
30 Minutes of Deep, Guided Relaxation for FREE?
Nothing is simpler.
Our partner, Natural Hypnosis mp3 Store has a generous offer: a free, full-length guided relaxation album, Natural Tranquility
You’re taken to deep tranquility by a caressing soothing voice on a calming music background… You’ll simply love it!
To download this free relaxation audio, you’ll be asked for an email address, but you can unsubscribe after you receive your mp3 file, if you want.
Download and put this awesomely relaxing audio on your iPod or mp3 player listening to it any time you want to relax your body, let go of all things you have on your mind, increase your clarity and calm.
Me, I love to use it on my lunch break – it’s fun! It refreshes my mind and energizes my body for the rest of the afternoon. Or, just before a meeting – it just makes me shine 😉 Download your free Natural Tranquility here >>
In Short, Ayurvedic Weight Loss…
…recommendations are not only about diets and workouts specific to your particular dosha, but also about how to release stress, calm your mind, achieve great health and an optimum weight naturally. This gives you an increased stamina, happiness and a radiant, youthful appearance.
When we talk about losing weight naturally and for good, the specific Ayurvedic weight loss recommendations teach you simple principles of proper cleansing, nutrition, exercise, and relaxation. These four basic set of guidelines reset your body’s ability to regulate itself, and release excess body fat with no struggle.
If you aren’t sure about what your specific dosha is, check out the three Ayurveda body types here >>
Or, if you already know your dosha:
Vata Body Type — Pitta Body Type — Kapha Body Type
Well, I’m Alex and I hope you find valuable this practical guide to fast healthy weight loss! As your coach here, at Brainy Weight Loss I’ll show you how to make the impossible possible and the possible… easy & fun 🙂