Get a quick Ayurveda training and the basics of Ayurveda Diet, a proven weight loss nutrition program for the 3 Ayurvedic body types: Kapha, Pitta & Vata
A time-tested body-type based system of healing 5,000-year old, Ayurveda offers individualized diets that are gentle and easy to stick to. Also, gentle but potent natural Ayurvedic remedies for weight loss that don’t have side effects and don’t create dependence. No wonder that in the last decade Ayurvedic weight loss is becoming increasingly popular in the West.
Think about it.
Want to get the pounds off effortlessly with a proven plan customized to your body type?
Want to easily maintain your optimum weight without ever counting calories?
Want to put a stop to numbing hunger pangs, junk food cravings?
Want to improve your digestion, boost your mood and mental performance?
Then take a look at Ayurveda diet.
You’ll find here answers to your questions about the Ayurvedic weight loss nutrition program, which balances your hormonal health so the weight is never coming back and helps you achieve these goals with ease.
Let’s zoom in on the core concept of Ayurvedic diet for a moment.
Any Ayurveda training teaches that losing weight is all about balancing your Ayurveda dosha, which is a unique mix of the three Ayurvedic body types, Vata, Pitta and Kapha. As a result, your physiology normalizes and your body can finally release the stored fat.
Since all Ayurveda training – including determining your Ayurveda diet – is based on your specific dosha, knowing your Ayurvedic body type is essential if you are to restore your health, achieve and maintain your optimum weight.
The goals of any Ayurveda diet weight loss nutrition program are to:
- normalize your digestion – as a result, you become able to better absorb the nutrients that your body needs to perform at its best;
- adjust your metabolism – as a result, your body becomes able to effectively break down and eliminate stored fat, while you’re experiencing a steady energy and mental focus;
- optimize the absorption of carbohydrates – as a result, you stop experiencing those nasty hunger pangs, food cravings or unpleasant moods.
Why the Increasing Reach of Ayurveda Diet?
Because the Ayurvedic diet is not a quick fix, a lose-weight-fast (and putting it back on even faster) program. You see results gradually, but they are long-lasting.
With this millenary wisdom-inspired, holistic approach to regaining health and unfailing results of releasing the extra weight and keeping it off, you shouldn’t be surprised that the Ayurvedic diet is increasingly popular in the United States, Canada and Western Europe; accredited Ayurveda training is becoming more accessible in the West.
How can you benefit from this raising popularity of Ayurveda?
Well, if you struggle with extra pounds you can find experienced Ayurveda practitioners closer to home (or online) to work with; they are well-trained, credentialed, and can guide you so you can make the best of Ayurveda diet by implementing in a practical way its main elements:
1) Regular detoxification, or cleansing – to eliminate toxins that trap fat in your body;
2) Customized nutrition – to balance your specific dosha by eating the right foods for you, in the right season, at the right time of the day, by including all six tastes: sweet, salty, sour, bitter, pungent, astringent;
3) Intelligent exercising – the right workouts effective for your specific dosha;
4) Natural stress relief – through deep breathing and simple relaxation techniques to eliminate chronic stress – the biggest cause of weight loss resistance.
In fact, a favorite weight loss nutrition program among people unable to lose weight with conventional programs is Lissa Coffey’s Ayurvedic Balance Diet Club >>
Are you ready to take your Ayurveda training one step further? Then let’s talk for a moment about the first two elements of Ayurvedic diet: cleansing and nutrition; then we’ll continue with relaxation techniques & exercising in Ayurvedic weight loss.
The Role of Cleansing in Ayurveda Diet
Regular cleansing, or detoxifying your body is a key part of any Ayurveda training.
According to this millenary system of healing, nature supports cleansing of your body in spring – just like the warm weather that melts the snow in spring, this season has a similar effect on your body’s toxins.
What happens if you don’t do a detox regularly?
Well, your body becomes clogged with toxins, making you prone to flu, colds, cough, and allergies.
You might even feel fatigued, sluggish, and experience wild hunger pangs.
While most conventional detox herbal products on the market cleanse only your colon and your digestive tract, the Ayurveda diet detoxification system does that and so much more:
It cleanses your liver, blood, sweat glands, and elimination organs, preventing the build-up of toxins in your muscle tissue.
As a result, you lose a few pounds almost immediately, feel energized, and sleep better.
Your complexion clears, you concentrate better and your mood greatly improves.
You start rebuilding your health and feel rejuvenated – that’s the main focus of any Ayurveda training.
Is Ayurveda Diet an Easy Weight Loss Nutrition Program?
Ayurveda’s paramount concept is using the right nutrition for your specific dosha; this takes you half of the way to losing weight easily, naturally and for good.
To balance your specific dosha, you have to remember a simple principle of any Ayurvedic training: “like increases like, while dislike (opposite) decreases like.”
It’s simple, really. For example:
- if your body type is Vata, your body’s energy is predominantly “cold & dry” and you can balance your dosha with Vata Diet: favor warm drinks and moist, oily, warm foods and avoid cold drinks or ice cream, as they increase, or “aggravate” your Vata constitution;
- if your body type is Pitta, your body’s energy is predominantly “hot” and you can balance your dosha with Pitta Diet: favor sweet fruits and leafy vegetables and avoid fatty, spicy foods, as they increase, or “aggravate” your Pitta constitution;
- if your body type is Kapha, your body’s energy is predominantly “moist & cool” and you can balance your dosha with Kapha Diet: favor raw vegetables, warm drinks, and spicy foods and avoid salty, deep fried foods, sweets, ice cream, and any cold drinks, as they increase, or “aggravate” your Kapha constitution.
You should know that in any Ayurveda diet weight loss nutrition program it’s equally important WHEN you eat, too; that’s because eating foods when they are in season restores your body’s natural biorhythms and is one of the best ways to speed up your metabolism for a maximum fat-burning power.
Also, when lunch is your biggest meal of the day, you match the natural circadian rhythm, when your digestion and assimilation are at their peak (around noon), further increasing your metabolism.
Would you like to drop the pounds off easily while gaining a balanced health but want to avoid having to always plan your meals as per Ayurveda’s guidelines? Then, The Ayurvedic Diet Balance Club might be just what you need to stay on track – without having to think:
Meat or No Meat?
Traditionally, Ayurvedic diets do not include animal meat (except for some very specific medicinal purposes). Why?
Well, part of it is because in Ayurvedic spiritual tradition all Life is sacred and honored as such; slaughtering animals and eating their flesh contradicts the idea of respecting and practicing non-violence towards all Life.
However, more permissive versions of Ayurveda diet stemmed from a desire to cater to a larger and more diverse audience.
These modern adaptations allow people who aren’t necessarily subscribed to the consciousness/spiritual aspect of Ayurveda (or just aren’t comfortable not eating meat), to benefit from its highly effective balancing health protocols. That’s why all dosha-specific Ayurvedic diets presented here contain meat; but if you’re a vegetarian use the nutritional guidelines taking the meat out.
You’ve got now a good Ayurveda training primer for detoxifying and nutrition; next, find out more about exercising and relaxation techniques in Ayurvedic weight loss.
Related Articles on Ayurvedic Body Types (Doshas) & Ayurveda Diets:
Ayurveda Kapha Body Type (Kapha Dosha)
Well, I’m Alex and I hope you find valuable this practical guide to fast healthy weight loss! As your coach here, at Brainy Weight Loss I’ll show you how to make the impossible possible and the possible… easy & fun 🙂