Home > Tips for Losing Weight
Need practical, failproof tips for losing weight once and for all? If getting the weight off is now an awful struggle, I have here for you the quick weight loss tips and answers you are looking for: an easy-to-remember A-B-C formula.
What I'm about to share with you next is a list of 20 tips for losing weight intelligently...
...the full Brainy Weight Loss coaching program in a nutshell.
Think of it as a "How to use this site" guide or your map for navigating BrainyWeightLoss.com
For your convenience (and to keep this list as short as possible), you'll find links to other parts of this site, where the specific details are.
Let's start with the brain stuff first; you'll find that your body responds very well to the right mindset. But the "right mindset" is rarely the default. Mindfulness, self-motivation, constructive reframing, effective problem-solving, conscious decision-making typically take years to achieve, don't you think?
We all have room for improving our mental fitness. With a well-trained mind we can achieve incredible things, far beyond what we ever thought possible!
That's why BrainyWeightLoss.com relies heavily on mind hacks.
"Mind hacking" is a relatively new concept meaning altering your thinking with superior intelligence tricks and through neuroscience. After all, isn't it all in our mind?
Believe it or not, mind hacks are required for effective living in the increasingly frenetic pace of our over-informationalized world. Mind hacks allow you to bypass your brain's default conditioning so you can change just about anything about yourself.
You're smart. Mind hacks make you smarter.
The mind hacks below help you achieve your desired weight loss results with minimum of fuss.
So let's get to it.
1) Forget willpower - stop struggling to stay motivated... Use
these easy weight loss tips instead. To make conscious choices
automatically and change your unsupportive habits with ease, retrain
your brain with self-hypnosis for weight loss.
Also, change your focus from "losing weight" on getting healthy and fit. Yes, some habits die hard, but this list of affirmations for weight loss will help you get started immediately.
2) One of the essential tips for losing weight is to consider changing your lifestyle long term but set realistic short term goals rather than one big goal long-term (e.g. to burn 2 pounds of body fat per week for the next 8 weeks, instead of 50 pounds in the next six months).
Start by measuring your current body fat, then identify the good body fat percentage for your sex and age, then determine your target fat loss. Once you've done this, set realistic milestones. Make a habit of achieving small goals - this will automatically take care of achieving the bigger goal.
3) Join a support group - this is one of the most important tips for losing weight easier... You'll get to share your success, temporary setbacks and encourage each other. Find someone to be accountable to - this way there are less chances you'll slide back into unhealthy habits.
4) You don't have to count every single calorie you put in your mouth, but having a good overall idea and doing your best to stick to your daily calorie limit is going to help you a LOT. Start tracking what you eat now to know your current daily average, then plan to reduce ¼ of the number of calories, but no less - or else you'll trigger the starvation physiology, which shuts down your metabolism.
FitDay is a very useful free weight loss online journal for both of the above (works on your mobile too). Plus, it allows you to track how close you are to achieving your milestones and final weight loss goal, giving you many useful tips for losing weight easier. Take a look at FitDay and see for yourself.
5) "Magic" pills vs. vitamins & weight loss supplements: forget about magic pills! There's no "magic" in them - except for the weight loss industry, which gets fatter at your expense. Even if you lose some weight in the beginning (most likely with nasty side effects), you gain it all back - and more - as soon as you stop using them.
On their own, magic pills always fail to deliver on their hype; you still have to eat right and exercise. So as long you do these anyway, you can easily skip the deceiving magic.
On the other hand, certain weight loss supplements and vitamins are a MUST if you want to give your body the nutritional support it needs to burn the fat - this is one of the key tips for losing weight easier.
For example, a high quality multivitamin contains most of the vitamins and minerals your body needs to burn fat efficiently. Add to this a top quality protein powder (whey), a greens supplement and fish oil (omega 3 fatty acids) for faster weight loss.
6) Get at least 7,5 - 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep per night. This may be a new idea to you, but the more sleep you get, the more fat you'll burn. How so? Well, that's because during sleep your body recovers itself repairing any hormonal balance. This, in turn, changes how it responds to nutrients and exercise.
7) Get good at reading labels - there really is no way around this. If you want to get in control of your body you must know what you put in your mouth. Stay away from food products that contain carcinogenic preservatives, excitotoxin flavor enhancers and other horrible synthetic chemicals that cause liver damage, metabolism and hormone imbalance.
The worst contenders? Hydrogenated oils (trans fats), high fructose corn syrup (glucose-fructose syrup), MSG (monosodium glutamate), aspartame, calcium propionate, BHA (butylated hydroxyanisole), potassium bromate, sodium nitrite.
You already know that your body "isolates" toxins from highly processed foods in the your tissue to prevent them from entering the bloodstream and poisoning yourself. So the more toxins in your body, the higher weight loss resistance you experience.
And knowing that synthetic sweeteners have been proven to disturb your brain chemistry and metabolism, you'll want to cut them ALL.
Use stevia to sweeten your shakes or coffee, if you must. Stevia (either liquid or powder) is 100% natural, tasty and doesn't have any side effects.
8) Forget about fads and crash diets.... Don't fall for the latest fastest weight loss diet - even if you lose some weight (with a lot of deprivation and hunger), you'll gain it all back, plus more. Instead, focus on burning fat for weight loss at an increased rate and on eating to lose weight.
9) Are you unconsciously trading your health (and appearance)
for convenience? Stop for a moment and think about this. One of the most
effective tips for losing weight is replacing natural (organic if
possible), whole foods for highly processed food products, including
snacks. There's really no way around this if you're committed to
trimming down. Fast food? Avoid it if you can. There's no end to the
damage that fast food and packaged food products (which are all far from
real food) do to your health and your body's ability to burn fat.
10) If you're serious about dropping the extra weight, don't skip meals... Don't go more than 3-4 hours without having something nutritious to eat (more on this below). You'll want to eat smaller meals more often - this ends your hunger pangs and keeps your metabolic rate up. These are two of the most healthy weight loss tips.
11) Eat slowly chewing well to allow a good absorption of nutrients and stop eating when you're satisfied, NOT full. Why? Because the digestive enzymes in your stomach work best when you are at 75-80% of being full. In contrast, when these enzymes are outnumbered, digestion is impaired and a lot of nutrients are lost - that's one of the main reasons you're gaining weight and experiencing all kinds of uncontrollable food cravings.
12) One of the most important tips for losing weight and burning body fat quicker is to...
13) A couple of easy weight loss tips... As everyone has different metabolic needs, be sure to check what is the best body type diet for you, as you'll drop pounds easier when you eat and exercise according to your specific body type.
Are you into vegetarianism or more into the mind-body stuff? Then take a look at Ayurveda diet for the best nutrition tips for losing weight according to your specific body type.
14) Do you drink calories? Then, you'll want to replace water (or unsweetened herbal teas) for all sugary drinks. Depending on your size, drink 65-100 oz. (approx. 8-12 glasses) of water throughout the day, sipping a little at a time. Not sure why drinking more water helps you lose weight big time? Take a look at this comparison between water and coke (or other carbonated sweet drinks - even if they're diet drinks).
Love the sting of carbonated drinks? No problem; choose mineral water or soda. Too plain? Squeeze a slice of lemon in it for a nice flavor. Cutting ALL sugary drinks is one of the least known tips for losing weight faster... Believe it or not, this tip alone (which is also one of the most healthy weight loss tips), will help you drop 4-5 pounds in just a few days!
15) Keep your metabolism up and keep any hunger pangs at bay by having a healthy snack between your meals - here are some ideas:
16) The fact that you burn more calories when you're physically active is a no-brainer... When you're active, the extra calories you eat on any given day are burned off rather than stored as body fat, so you won't have to live on lettuce and celery stalks alone.
Increasing your daily physical activity is not as hard as you may think... park your car on the far end of the parking lot, get off the bus a stop earlier, choose the stairs instead of the elevator, walk your dog more often, you get the idea - use any opportunity to move your body a little bit more each day.
17) ...to burn off the extra body fat you already have while protecting your lean muscle tissue, you absolutely need to do some form of strength training. For example, do each day a basic set of full body weight workouts, or a calisthenics routine. Otherwise, your muscle tissue gets smaller - you want to avoid this at all costs, as less muscle mass equals a lower metabolic rate and storing fat instead of burning it off.
18) Here are two related tips for losing weight faster with strength training: setup your strength training routine for about 30 minutes first thing in the morning. Why? Because your metabolic rate stays high throughout the day helping your body burn more fat. Plus, you'll have a sense of achievement and LOTS of energy for the rest of the day :)
19) Consider getting a weight loss coach - this is one of the key quick weight loss tips. Why? Because a coach will customize the best weight loss plan for your specific needs and preferences, designing nourishing, tasty menus and effective workouts. Plus, you get all the support, guidance and tips for losing weight faster that you'll ever need. With a coach, you lose weight faster and easier than you would on your own, guaranteed!
20) An item that can't miss from this list of tips for losing weight is managing well the cheats. Yes, there will be special nights when you'll go out with friends and blow it all or occasional days when you'll be down with a flu or too tired to work out. Don't freak out over it. Don't feel guilty. Just get back on track the next day and don't allow it to become the norm.
So here you have it.
20 tips for losing weight easier, healthier, faster and for good/
Do your best to implement them one by one in your life - you'll see astonishing results sooner than you think!
You might also find interesting these...
Home > Tips for Losing Weight